Floodguard Heritage Door
- A flood-proof door designed for where a level threshold is required or desirable
- State-of-the-art stainless steel engineering
- Heritage flood door design with bespoke wood finish which can replicate existing door aesthetics
- Stable door versions available
- Inward or outward opening
- Easy operation with low handle force
- Standard mode and flood mode lock operation
- Meets PAS1188-1:2014 standard
- Approved by Historic England for use of Grade 2 Listed Buildings (UK)
The level-threshold Floodguard Heritage Door from Aquobex is the first on the market to offer a completely level threshold. Versions exist in the market with minimal thresholds but this door sets new standards in flood protection, style and ease of use.
The first version of the door will address requirements to protect the UK’s Grade II listed properties which sets particular challenges for our in-house engineering team.
Current flood doors have an upstand (the lower horizontal section of the door frame) of at least 40mm so this presents a substantial trip hazard and potentially a breach of Building regulations Part M. Combining state-of-the art engineering in aluminium and timber with an innovative sealing mechanism, Floodguard Heritage Door means there is no longer a need to compromise of the protection of historic buildings or to violate the aesthetic of new-builds.