The sketches below show the different component parts of the barrier when it is in use and stored.
- (1) The in-built water channel that ensures the fabric is kept clean and dry.
- (2) Connection to local drainage system.
- (3) Cover and bracing plate.
- (4) Pre-installed trough housing the Aquaburg barrier.
- (5) Galvanised steel mesh for added strength.
- (6) PVC coated fabric flood barrier.
- (7) Vertical posts connected by rope to simplify installation. Pulling on one pole will raise them all in sequence.
- (8) Additional foundations, essential for taller barriers.
- (9) Designed foundation depth as a proportion of…
- (10) the designed flood height
- (11) Drainage channel
The barrier is simple and easy to erect in five east steps:
- (1) Remove the cover plates (3) and set aside
- (2) Raise the posts (7) by pulling from one end and affix to the wall at each end
- (3) Raise the fabric barrier (6) and loop over the posts
- (4) Raise the mesh (5) and loop over the posts as above
- (5) Place the cover plates (3) as braces for the vertical posts